Friday, October 26, 2012

Just breathe

It's been longer than normal since posting an entry, I realize this :(  I have a lot of stories to tell and very little time right now.  But I will be getting them all down on paper and out of my head soon.  Like the story about when I had to run to Pronto at 7:40pm and pulled up and saw the Belle Plaine Ambulance in the lot.  Sheer panic attack.  Stupid.  Completely unnecessary, too.  But it is those triggers that set me off and remind me that we are dealing with a beast that cannot be beaten.  Then there are days when my mom texts me before I can text her to see how her day is going.  And the context of the texts are totally random and full of everyday life.  Like the exchanging of texts last night...all about Chicken and bisquits.  How we both made the very same supper for our family.  Sorta twilight-ish considering she was the one that handed down that recipe.  Those are the moments that remind me why I am here and I do what I do.

The elephant is still in the room.  The cancer is still there.  And for now, they upped her pain meds again because of the sudden attacks that she is getting of agonizing pain.  So that levels everything out for a week or two then it seems everything needs adjusting again.  So we will enjoy the time without pain for now.  And we will text about the normal and ignore the inevitable.  Because right now....that's how we roll.  More blog posting to come over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment