Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dearly Beloved...

Update update update....it's been a few days and aside from one of those days, pretty uneventful.  I LIKE IT THAT WAY.  Just sayin ;)  Only one day was she sick and feeling any pain, and the rest of the days, I can hear her smiling through the phone during our conversations.  She is feeling good, soaking it in, living her life as only she knows how.  Smiling, loving, nurturing, scolding, and checking up on me.  That's what Mommy's do.  They make sure everyone else around them is doing what they should, feeling up to par, and worrying about them.  Because I will tell you right now, my last seven days have been less than fantastic.  I would lean more towards ugly, depressing, miserable.  Yeah.  Last Wednesday during our friendly weekly sand volleyball game, I dove for the ball, completely unaware that the 20 something male next to me was also diving for said ball.  Lets just say....he walked away, I did NOT.  Major injury to the leg, nothing broken, but oooooh soo sore and will be sore for some time to come.  Bruising is looking very colorful after 6 days.  Then move on to the weekend...I was sneak attacked by a head cold of mass proportions.  I could literally feel it coming on.  My eyeballs hurt, I sneezed, and 20 minutes later, my nose and head were soo congested.  Called it....yep, sick.  The head cold decided to move south and settle in my lungs.  Fun stuff.  (Not so much)  Work has been hard to stand all day.  Moving around has been difficult.  Hell, breathing has been difficult.  I want this week over and I want it over NOW.  But as I am snuggled into bed tonight writing this blog post, an a-ha moment has hit.  What could I possibly be soo miserable about?  In the grande scheme of things...nothing.  Not a thing.  A sniffle and a cough will go away.  A serious contusion will heal in time.  Reality check for me for sure.  Not that I wasn't already aware that what I was going through is NOT that big of a deal.  But it seems to all rain in on me at once.  Wasn't prepared.  ....sigh....  I do realize that I am blessed to really be healthy, happy (most days ;) and wise.  My next goal is to get my leg healed up enough for boot camp.  Can't wait.  But enough about me, what about that blog post title, eh???  Catch your attention?

My mother called me about a week ago and started a sentence by saying...."We have planned something and I sure hope that you can come."  I could hear the wheels in my head start to turn wondering what she had up her sleeve.  She informed me that she was feeling well enough that she wanted to renew her vows with her hubby.  Awwwww  (instant tears inserted here)  How sweet!  So there is a wedding to be planned and prepared for...and its in TWO WEEKS.  Their first vows were done through a lawyer with only myself and Brayden (my son) present for the ceremony.  This wedding will be a little different.  One thing will remain constant...my son will be there to hold his Maga's hand and walk her down the aisle and give her away to her husband.  When she asked me if Brayden would be available to do that, I swear to you here and now, my heart skipped a beat.  I know how very very important this is to her.  She could not deliver the question to me without bursting into tears.  Of course I followed along with her.  The last time he walked her 'down the aisle' per say, he was only two years old, wearing a long sleeve white shirt, jeans, and a cowboy hat of all things.  This time will be very different.  He is almost a man now.  He looks like a man now.  And I will willingly say that my mother has given him an abundance of tools to use to make sure he grows up to be a respectable, smart, and polite young man.  My mother worships my son and the ground that he walks on.  Even during the deepest parts of her cancer, she has sat through 100 degree weather to watch one of his baseball games.  She would part the seas for this kid.  This is incredibly important to her.  We will NOT let her down.  <3  I am eternally grateful that she is well enough to want to plan this event for her and her husband.  It's a blessing and I thank God each and every day for the gifts he keeps giving to her.  I cannot wait to give her a day she will never forget.  Granted I will be watching the entire ceremony through a camera lens, but what an amazing view it will be.

So the big question is....what do you buy someone fighting for their life each and every hour of each and every day as a gift for vow renewal??  I have not a clue and not a lot of money to spend.  Be creative and shoot me some ideas.  I will be giving her the gift of photographs which will be almost as important as the vow renewals themselves.  To me, that's not enough.  I need to give her more.  Not monetary, just more.  I know that she knows how much I look up to her, love her, cry endlessly for her, and pray for her daily.  I know that she knows I will be at her side within minutes if anything ever goes wrong.  I know she knows that I love her more than I could ever love anyone aside from my kids and Jason.  I want to give her the earth, moon, star, I want to give her everything.  The one thing I wish that I could give her, I cannot...a cure.  A cure for this disease.  I need to give her something that she will forever remember.  I will keep brainstorming and see if I can find that 'perfect fit' gift...

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this! I want you healed up soon but in addition to photographs, I think you should go 'whole hog' and do the 'something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.' I don't care how old you are, every bride is a bride. Ya know? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather. Also, you write so beautifully and you know more than anyone that we don't know how much time is left for any of us on this earth so I think you should write her a tribute of love and thanks. I know she knows all of the things you stated above about how much you love her but if you could write a nice tribute to her that she could frame with a picture, that would be a lasting, loving thing for her to hang onto.

    ReplyDelete