Saturday, August 4, 2012

I couldn't NOT do a blog post tonight...

...just for the simple fact that today was near perfect.  In every way, shape, and form.  From the moment I got up and was greeted by one strawberry blonde and one blonde haired girl who were up quite early, to the very moment I crawled into my bed tonight.  Today was one thing....perfect.  Even with the rain storm and the lightening and the thunder to cloud up the day for awhile, there was NOTHING or no one that could have stolen my sunshine for the day.  And for that I am eternally grateful.  I can't even remember in recent history a day like today that was soo pleasant.  I have spent much of my time focused on how to help, how to cope, how to hide, and how to live without fear.  I focus all too much of my energy on trying to fix what is already soo badly broken, trying to cure a cancer that can't be cured.  I am obsessive about checking in with my Mom on a daily basis (several times a day most days)  just to make sure she is ok, feeling good, and is not in need of a pick me up or a phone call.  Soo much energy some days is focused on what I can NOT change, and that has a true tendency to bring me down.  As it would any person.  But today......well today, again was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.  I am blessed beyond measure, and very happy that I could spend the day with loved ones just enjoying idle chit chat and company.  Something as simple as a lunch date with my Mom and her hubby and my three entertaining little humans filled me with such joy and positive energy.  Unfortunately my better half had a class to attend for coaching, and he would have enjoyed the lunch date just as much as we did.

It started out as a simple lunch date at the Lincoln Cafe in my Mom's home town.  Close to home, no travelling, great food, amazing companionship.  Then the rain started to try and damper my plans, but nope, didn't let it happen ;)  The kids and I packed up, headed out early, and picked up my Mom and hubby and headed to lunch.  Just about the time we got sat down and looking thru the menus, the skies darkened, the rain started and the thunderstorm show began.  It did not take any attention away from the lunch...we chatted about how much my 13 year old could eat, what my little pickle did and did not like to eat, and how my middle child didn't like ketchup.  We talked about school starting, and puppy dog pets, rain clouds and lightening, and how we all were extremely grateful that tomorrow was Sunday.  It was THE perfect lunch date with THE perfect people.  And right there in that very moment, I sat in silence for a few, just soaking in my surroundings.  Watching my Mom listen with intent to the kids' stories, eating her lunch and laughing at my big kids' not soo humorous jokes.  It was an a-ha moment for me....things right now are as good as they are going to be for a very long time, so WHY do I torture myself with sadness?  Or grief, or misery, or worry?  I desperately need to learn to live in the now....which in most cases I do, but I need to get 'better' at it.  I am surrounded by love and by beautiful people that value each other and cherish the moments and live for the day.  So, I will too.....I will strive to live for today and not try to look down the road a month from now, constantly wondering WHAT will happen and when.  Just look, listen, breathe, smile, and love.  Because really, isn't that what's important?

1 comment:

  1. <3! Days like that make me so thankful to be alive and in the here and now. So glad you got to have it, too.

    ReplyDelete